Monday, September 26, 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook, Monday, September 26, 2016, and Gardein Meatless Chicken



For today...Monday, September 26, 2016


Outside my window... it is a beautiful day, sunshiny and cool, just the way I like fall days!

I am thinking... that it's been a long time since I wrote a Daybook.

I am thankful... for God's mercy. He is so patient with us.

From the kitchen... frozen diced potatoes and Gardein crispy "meatless chicken" tenders - yummy! This is my favorite meal lately. We've been eating plant-based foods with no added oil and occasional vegan items that do contain some oil. Gardein also makes wonderful meatless meatballs (great for spaghetti meals and meatball subs!) and ground meatless 'meat' that is just right for tacos, taco salad, and sloppy joes. :)



I am wearing... a red t-shirt and denim shorts.

I am creating... this blog post. :)

I am going to... get up right now and turn on the oven so I can make lunch before it gets any later!

I am wondering... what birthday presents we will choose for our grandsons. They will turn 6 and 10 in early October. :)

I am hoping... and praying that my husband is chosen for the math teacher job he went on his second interview for this morning.

I am hearing...
the banging of the workers on our apartment building roof as they replace it before winter.

I am looking forward to... possibly seeing our grandchildren for our grandsons' birthday party in October.

Around the house... it's quiet with just me in the house. Our youngest has returned to her job as an elementary school teacher, and my husband has been going on interviews and to job fairs quite often lately. I'm glad he has, since we are eager to see him get a full-time job. We're also thanking God for the part-time job he has had all these months that has helped a great deal.

A favorite quote for today...




One of my favorite things... is having a quiet, peaceful evening at home. 

A few plans for the rest of the week...we'll be going with our youngest to the car dealership when she picks up her brand-new car! Thanking God everything worked out for her to get her car before the car we leased for her to use goes back later in October.

A picture thought I am sharing...



A Rose of Sharon bush - I found the photo on the internet.
The church we attend has a beautiful Rose of Sharon bush,
more the size of a tree!
It has lovely blooms, even this late in September!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

To read more Daybooks or to participate,
visit
The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment